Sunday, May 4, 2008

Can I say.... Fes?



For the most part, this blog is comprised of random humor that Trash and I come up with out of god knows where, but today is a little different. I realized a blog without music, well, sucks! So that is why I am putting up the newest of the new mix I just finished at like 4:30 am this morning. Different from the usual "grind every girl that walks in the door" Electro mixes I have been making lately, but I'm pretty stoked on it, so I'm giving you the play by play of what's on it cause that seems like the cool ting to do these days when it comes to mixes. First and for most, here is the link for download.

What I Would Do For You ( Right click and save as on "Click here to start download)


1. Slightly Stoopid - I Would Do For You

This is my jam. Probably my flavorite SS song right now. And by the way, how many DJ's start a mix off with Slightly Stoopid jams anyway. Only one I can think of. ;)

2. The Roots - Sacrifice

Had no clue this song featured Nelly Furtado until about 8 seconds ago, but I guess I can deal with that. Out of the 2.3 times I have seen these guys live, the Phrenology show was for sure the best. So much more raw energy than the other ones I have seen. Not sure about their new new shit, but they are the only all black band to be signed to a major, so that's cool.

3. MIA - Paper Planes (DFA Remix)

I could never hear the original of this song again and probably die satisfied. MIA's shtick of shouting incoherent rambles will only last do long. (I give it 6 more months) , but the dudes from DFA gave this a proper remix that makes it fresh once again. And no gunshots, sorry.

4. The Doors - Riders on The Storm (JayCeeOh Edit)

The Doors with drums behind. Need I say more?

5.Belle X1 - Flame (Chicken Lipps remix)

First heard this on the Cut Copy "So Cosmic" Mix a while back and it was for sure the standout track. I have never even heard the OG, and to tell you the truth I don't want to for fear of ruining everything about this song. Supposedly, the band is essentially Juniper minus Damien Rice. Wouldn't call this song tough, but I dig it anyway.

6. Calvin Harris - Merrymaking

Calvin Harris is the man. Scotland STAND UP!! First heard this song through a big room house remix that DeadMau5 did, then heard the original, told the other version to beat it. Track is about casually doing drugs, and cold chillin'. Merrymaking in other words. Can't hate.

7. DJ Day - Gone Bad

I don't think I will ever get tired of this song. Drum breaks, melodious singing, and a brief synth solo. Key elements to a solid track.

8. South Rakkas Crew - Mad Again (Diplo's Club Edit)

Watch out for these dudes in the years to come. Who da thunk that two dudes from Toronto could make such dope DanceHall Riddims. Check their EP on iTunes called the Mix Up EP. Cooler than your Brisk Iced Tea

9. Ghostland Observitory - Dancing on my Grave

Of all people, my brother the Janster turned me onto this band and I can't get enough of em. Two dudes on Fes Keys and drum machines singing about some odd stuff, but jamming none the less.

10. Dragonette - I Get Around (Midnight Juggernauts Remix)

Never even heard the OG to this, but word is it's lame, so thank god the dudes from Midnight Juggernauts made this cool and somewhat danceable.

Hmmm, I feel like I'm forgetting something. Guess not. This ones short but I dig it and so should you so download away. ( If you can't download it for some odd reason, I would be happy to send it to you if you hit me with your address and send me a fistfull of shooters in return!)

No comments: